The Dallas Stars (6-1-1, third in the Western Conference) visit the Edmonton Oilers (2-5-1, 14th) in conference action on Thursday at 9:00 PM ET.
Edmonton grabbed a 5-2 victory at home its last time out on October 29 against the Calgary Flames.
Dallas won its most recent game 4-3 on the road over the Calgary Flames on November 1.
As hockey play continues, get ready for the contest with everything you need to know ahead of Thursday’s game.
Edmonton Oilers vs. Dallas Stars Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Oilers (-132)
- Underdog: Stars (+109)
- Over/under: 6.5
Oilers Stats and Trends
- Edmonton has won two of its six games as a favorite this season.
- The Oilers have picked up a victory twice through six games with moneyline odds lower than -132 this season.
- The moneyline odds imply that Edmonton has a 56.9% chance of winning this game.
- Edmonton and its opponent have combined to score more than 6.5 goals in five of eight games this season.
- They have averaged 2.8 goals per game (22 total) during that span.
- On the defensive end, the Oilers have given up 31 goals (3.9 per game) over those 10 matchups.
Stars Stats and Trends
- The Stars are the underdog in their first game this season.
- Dallas has not had a game with longer moneyline odds than +109.
- The moneyline set in this contest implies a 47.8% chance for the Stars to win.
- So far this season, 37.5% of Dallas’ games (3/8) have had more goals than Thursday’s over/under of 6.5.
- They have put up 25 goals over that span.
- On the defensive side, the Stars have given up 19 goals (2.4 per game) over those 10 outings.
Oilers vs. Stars Game Info and Start Time
- Game Day: Thursday, November 2, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Bally Sports
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.