Man dead, 6 in hospital after accidental carbon monoxide poisoning at Ontario home

Police say a 25-year-old man is dead from an accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a car left running in the garage of a Kitchener, Ontario home.

Six other people who were also in the home were transported to hospital. Neighbours say many of the residents were international students or otherwise new to Canada.

Subscribe to CTV News to watch more videos:

Connect with CTV News:
For live updates and latest headlines visit:
For breaking news, fast, download the CTV News App:
Must-watch stories and full programs at

CTV News on TikTok:
CTV News on X (formerly Twitter):
CTV News on Reddit:
CTV News on LinkedIn:


CTV News is Canada’s most-watched news organization both locally and nationally, and has a network of national, international, and local news operations.